Fukuoka City and UN-Habitat ROAP-Fukuoka signs MOU on co-hosting the Asian-Pacific City Summit!
On July 19, 2017, Fukuoka City and UN-Habitat ROAP-Fukuoka announced the plan to jointly host the 12th Asian-Pacific City Summit next summer. The two organizations signed the MOU on co-hosting the Summit in the presence of Dr. Joan Clos, Director of UN-Habitat, as a witness.
Dr. Clos offered his congratulations by saying, "It gives me great pleasure to support the co-hosting of the Asian-Pacific City Summit next year."
Fukuoka City will work together with UN-Habitat ROAP-Fukuoka to go ahead with preparations for the Summt.
From left to right: Mr. Soichiro Takashima, Mayor of Fukuoka City, Dr. Joan Clos, Executive Director of UN-Habitat, Mr. Atsushi Koresawa, Director of UN-Habitat ROAP
- The 12th Asian-Pacific City Summit
- I. Date (tentative)
- Wednesday, August 1 – Thursday, August 2 *City Tour is scheduled to take place on Friday, August 3
- II. Hosts
- Organized by Fukuoka City, UN-Habitat ROAP-Fukuoka
- Supported by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, United Nations Information Centre (UNIC), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), Global Compact Network Japan (GCNJ), etc.
- III. Program *Program is subjected to change.
- Theme: Sustainable Cities and Communities – SDGs and the Role of Cities –
A. Keynote Speeches:
- 1. Global Trends in Implementing SDGs
- 2. Corporate Initiatives Regarding SDGs
- B. UN-Habitat Session: Introducing the International Guidelines on Urban and Territorial Planning (IG-UTP), which is developed by UN-Habitat, and sharing best practices available to each city.
C. Parallel Sessions:
- 1. "Towards sustainable and competitive global cities"
- 2. "How do cities address issues arising from the accelerated urbanization?"
- 3. "Resilient cities that minimize damage caused by disasters"
- D. Joint Declaration
August 17, 2017 11:16 AM