The 12th Asian-Pacific City Summit
Duration of the Conference
- Wednesday, August 1–Friday, August 3
- Fukuoka City, Japan
- Sustainable Cities and Communities
- 1.New Urban Initiatives for a Sustainable Future
- 2.How Do Cities Address Issues Arising from Accelerated Urbanization?
- 3.Disaster-resilient City Development to Respond to Climate Change and Minimize Damages
Amina J. MOHAMMED, Deputy Secretary-General of the United Nations
- "Sustainable Cities and Communities"
- Maimunah Mohd SHARIF, Executive Director, UN-Habitat
- "Sustainable Management and SDGs"
- ARIMA Toshio, Chairman of the Board, Global Compact Network Japan
- "The World Bank in the Era of Connected Cities"
- MIYAZAKI Masato, Special Representative, Japan / World Bank
- "Making Cities More Livable in Asia and the Pacific"
- Bambang SUSANTONO, Vice-President, Asian Development Bank
- "JICA's Initiatives for a Sustainable City"
- KATO Hiroshi, Senior Vice President, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)
Video Message from the United Nations
Keynote Speech I
Keynote Speech II
Speeches by International Organizations
- "Hitachi's Social Innovation Business Contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals"
NAKAKITA Kojin, Chairman of Hitaci Asia Ltd. and Chairman of Hitachi India Pvt. Ltd.
- "Mitsubishi Electric's Water Distribution System Contributing to Water Conservation-conscious City"
TAKAHASHI Tomoyuki, Public-use Systems Department 1, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- "JFE's Technologies to Support Sustainable Cities and Communities"
ABE Yoshiro, Managing Director, JFE Engineering Corporation
- "KUBOTA's Activities for SDGs - Past and Future - "
SHINABE Kazuhiro, Ph.D, Executive Officer, General Manager, Environmental Solution Division, Environmental Engineering Business Unit, KUBOTA Corporation
- "Overseas Development Promoting Business of the Urban Renaissance Agency (UR)"
YOSHIMURA Hiroyuki, Executive Director, Overseas Development Promoting Division, Urban Renaissance Agency (UR)
- "NEC's Footprint and Outlook in Urban Transportation"
- YAMAYA Akemi, Global Transportation Business Developer, Transportation and Logistics Solutions Division, NEC Corporations
Company Speech I
Compnay Speech II
Company Speech III
Company Speech IV
Company Speech V
|Wednesday, August 1, 2018||Morning|
Opening Ceremony, Keynote Speeches, Company Speeches, Photo Session
Welcome Reception, Ohori Park Fireworks Display
|Thursday, August 2, 2018||Morning|
UN-Habitat Session, Company Speeches, Speeches by International Organizations
Company Speeches, Parallel Sessions, Plenary Session, Closing Ceremony
|Friday, August 3, 2018||Morning|
Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk, Fukuoka City Museum
- 32 cities from 16 countries
- Fukuoka City and the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (ROAP)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, Ministry of the Environment Japan, UNIC, UNDP, GCNJ, JICA
Representative of Partticipating Cities
Phnom Penh / NUON Pharat, Vice Governor
- Phnom Penh / NUON Pharat, Vice Governor
- Changsha / LIU Mingli, Vice Mayor
- Dalian / LUO Dongsheng, Vice Mayor
- Guangzhou / WEN Guohui, Mayor
- Shanghai / MA Ren, Deputy Director General of Shanghai Municipal Commission of Housing, Urban-Rural Development and Management
Yinchuan / LIU Jiapeng, Deputy Director of Yinchuan Bureau of Housing and Urban-Rural Development
Surabaya / Tri RISMAHARINI, Mayor
- Surabaya / Tri RISMAHARINI, Mayor
- Fukuoka / TAKASHIMA Soichiro, Mayor
- Kagoshima / MORI Hiroyuki, Mayor
- Kitakyushu / UMEMOTO Kazuhide, Deputy Mayor
- Kumamoto / ONISHI Kazufumi, Mayor
- Miyazaki / HARADA Kenichiro, Vice Mayor
- Nagasaki / TAUE Tomihisa, Mayor
- Oita / SATO Kiichiro, Mayor
Saga / HIDESHIMA Toshiyuki, Mayor
- Ipoh / Zulqarnain bin Mohamad, Director of Town Planning Department
Taiping / Haji Abd. Rahim bin Md. Ariff, Mayor
Ulaanbaatar / Enkhtur DORJKHUU, Deputy Governor
- Ulaanbaatar / Enkhtur DORJKHUU, Deputy Governor
Yangon / Maung Maung Soe, Mayor
- Yangon / Maung Maung Soe, Mayor
Kathmandu / Bidya Sunder SHAKYA, Mayor
- Kathmandu / Bidya Sunder SHAKYA, Mayor
Auckland / Phil GOFF, Mayor
- Auckland / Phil GOFF, Mayor
Manila / Eduard Menez, Deputy Chief of Mission, Philippine Embassy - Tokyo, Japan
- Manila / Eduard Menez, Deputy Chief of Mission, Philippine Embassy - Tokyo, Japan
Republic of Korea
- Busan / YOO Jae-soo, Vice Mayor
- Gwangyang / JEONG Hyun-bok, Mayor
Pohang / LEE Kang-deok, Mayor
Vladivostok / Vitalii VERKEENKO, Mayor
- Vladivostok / Vitalii VERKEENKO, Mayor
Centre for Liveable Cities, Ministry of National Development / KHOO Teng Chye, Executive Director
- Centre for Liveable Cities, Ministry of National Development / KHOO Teng Chye, Executive Director
Bangkok / Vallop SUWANDEE, Chairman of Adviser to Governor
- Bangkok / Vallop SUWANDEE, Chairman of Adviser to Governor
Honolulu / Roy AMEMIYA, Deputy Mayor
- Honolulu / Roy AMEMIYA, Deputy Mayor
- Da Nang / TRAN Van Mien, Vice Chairman
- Ha Noi / PHUNG Thi Hong Ha, Vice Chairwoman
Ho Chi Minh City / TRAN Vinh Tuyen, Vice Chairman
- English, Chinese, Korean and Japanese
Joint Declaration : The 12th Asian-Pacific City Summit Fukuoka Declaration
- 1. Asian-Pacific cities shall continue to respect each other, promote exchanges and cooperation for the sound development of cities and the advancement of urban policies in the spirit of mutual assistance, and enhance inter-city networks, which serve as a platform of urban development and policies.
- 2. Asian-Pacific cities shall make use of the lessons learned from each other through inter-city networks and international conferences to continue to improve their cities’ urban environments and not duplicate mistakes. This offers useful insight into not only other cities’ initiatives, but also global trends, and their partnerships with the United Nations and other international organizations. Asian-Pacific cities shall work to advance sustainable urban development and social progress by utilizing their cumulative knowledge and experience, and actively adopting cutting-edge technologies.
- 3. Asian-Pacific cities shall aim for sustainable and harmonious urban development in cooperation with each other, and in recognition of the SDGs, while continuing to encourage further economic growth. Asian-Pacific cities shall continue to develop their cities to strike a balance among people, the environment, and urban vitality, and contribute to solving global issues where they can, and shape a better world for future generations, by preserving and protecting the environment, reducing poverty and inequality, facilitating quality service of education, medical care and social welfare, and achieving meaningful social inclusion.
- 4. The Asian-Pacific City Summit shall, through its activities, showcase the efforts of Asian-Pacific cities in implementing and realizing the SDGs and demonstrate the significance and substantive outcomes of global inter-city partnerships to the world.
- 5. The 13th Asian-Pacific City Summit shall be held in Fukuoka City, Japan in 2020.