- 5,696,409 (2015)
Number of Households
- 2,753,972 (2015)
- 1,568.74 km2 (2015)
- 3,631.20 /km2 (2015)
Number of Employees per Industry
- Primary Industry: 46%
- Secondary Industry: 36%
- Tertiary Industry: 18%
Annual Income per Capita
- 481,118 baht (2014)
Major Industries and Products
Wholesale, Retail Trade and Repair
- 1. Work on water management in Bangkok such as solving the flooding problems, building water drainage tunnel, and improving quality of water in river and canal.
- 2. Encourage the growing mangrove forest and ecosystem restoration for environmental sustainability in Bangkok.
- 3. Provide health care services, social welfare, education, public safety of life and property for all citizens to have a better quality of life including provide facilities for elderly with Bangkok Special Care Program.
Revenue of the city budget
- 69,245.75 million baht (2015)
Number of City Employees
Sister Cities (Countries), etc.
- ○Sister Cities and Partner Cities
- Washington D.C. (USA), Beijing (People's Republic of China), Budapest (Hungary), Moscow (Russia), St.Peterberg (Russia), Manila (Philippines), Jakarta (Indonesia), Hanoi (Vietnam), Vientiane (Laos), Astana (Kazakhstan), Chaozhou (People's Republic of China), Fukuoka (Japan), Seoul (Republic of Korea), Guangzhou (People's Republic of China), Lausanne (Swiss), Busan (Republic of Korea), Chongqing (People's Republic of China), Tianjin (People's Republic of China), Ankara (Turkey), Penang (Malaysia), Aichi (Japan), Shanghai (People's Republic of China), Phnom Penh (Cambodia), Tehran (Iran), Wuhan (People's Republic of China), Shandong (People's Republic of China), Ho Chi Minh (Vietnam), Shenzhen (People's Republic of China), Lisbon (Portugal), Porto (Portugal), Dalian (People's Republic of China), Hue (Vietnam), Chengdu (People's Republic of China)
- ○Inter-city Networks
- Asian-Pacific City Summit, CITYNET, Asians Mayors Forum (AMF), ASEM, ANMC21, C40 Cities Climate leadership Group, CLAIR, Metropolis, ICLEI, Global Design Cities Organization
Relevant Projects of APCS
The 10th Working-Level Conference (2014)